How to enter:
This contest is open to all lovers of Duplin wines.
All artwork will need to be original, not previously published and submitted by the original artist. All artwork cannot be computer generated or assisted, no photography will be accepted. Artwork may be done in any medium on paper or board and must not be larger than 36” x 24” in completed size. The artwork will be displayed on a Duplin Wine Label that is approximately 4” wide, so keep in mind that highly detailed artwork may not reproduce well at a smaller size. Artwork should communicate artist’s interpretation of the theme “Naughty & Nice.”
Imagery may be fun and casual, but must be clean in order to be printed on a Duplin Wine Label.
Entry forms and a photo of completed artwork must be received by 5pm on May 13, 2016 by one of these methods:
1. Mail completed and signed form to Duplin Winery, Naughty & Nice Label Art Contest, PO Box 756, Rose Hill, NC 28458 and send a clean, printed color photo that is at least 6″ wide in a photo mailer envelope to ensure the photo does not become wrinkled or folded.
2. Email completed and signed form and a high resolution photo that is at least 6″ wide and 300 dpi to email@example.com with Naughty & Nice Label Art Contest in the subject line. Submission attachment must be less than 5MB. Large files may be compressed/zipped to reduce size.
3. Drop off completed form and photo off at the Duplin Winery retail store located at 505 N. Sycamore Street, Rose Hill, NC 28458.
All entries must be received at Duplin Winery by 5:00 PM EST on May 13, 2016. *If mailing your submission, please make sure it is appropriately postmarked to arrive on or before May 11th.
• The final deadline for the initial submissions is 5:00 PM EST May 13, 2016.
1. Eligibility: The Art Label Contest is open to all lovers of Duplin wines. If the winner is not yet 21 years of age, the winning artist will receive equivalent cash in lieu of the labeled wine prize and the tickets to 2016 Duplin Grape Stomp. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Duplin Winery, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Art Contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Duplin Winery as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Art Label Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. The Art Label Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on March 1, 2016 and ending at 5pm May 13, 2016. Mailed submissions will need to be postmarked by May 11, 2016. The winner will be announced in June 2016.
4. How to Enter: The Art Label Contest must be entered by submitting a completed and signed entry form along with either a high quality printed color photo sized no smaller than 6” wide or a high resolution digital photo of the original artwork that must be no smaller than 6” wide and 300 dpi. The completed and signed forms along with a photo of the artwork may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Naughty & Nice Label Art Contest in the subject line, or a printed form and photo may be sent in the mail to: Duplin Winery, Naughty & Nice Label Art Contest, 505 N. Sycamore Street, Rose Hill, NC 28458. Contestants may also drop the completed form and photo off at the Duplin Winery retail store located at 505 N. Sycamore Street, Rose Hill, NC 28458. Artwork photo/photocopy should be delivered/shipped flat, not folded or rolled.
5. Artwork Specifications: All artwork will need to be original, not previously published and submitted by the original artist. All artwork will also not be computer generated or assisted, no photography will be accepted. Artwork may be done in any medium on paper or board and must not be larger than 36” x 24” in completed size. The artwork will be displayed on a Duplin Wine Label that is approximately 4” wide, so keep in mind that highly detailed artwork may not reproduce well at a smaller size. Artwork should communicate artist’s interpretation of the theme “Naughty & Nice.” Imagery may be fun and casual, but must be clean in order to be printed on a Duplin Wine Label. The winner must assign all rights, title and interest in the winning artworks to Duplin Winery.
Five finalists will be chosen after the entry period has ended. The finalists will be notified and will be asked to submit original artwork. On May 27, 2016 there will be a display and a team of Duplin Winery judges will chose the winner. The grand prize winner will be announced in June 2016.
6. Prizes: The winners will receive a $500 Cash Prize, 4 (four) Tickets to Duplin Grape Stomp on September 10, 2016, 1 (one) case of Winning Wine (Available in September, 2016), recognition on www.duplinwinery.com, and a one-year Membership to Duplin Winery’s Heritage Club ($180 Value).
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Duplin Winery. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Duplin Winery’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Duplin Winery to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner selection and notification: Winner of The Art Label Contest will be selected by a group of Duplin Winery judges. Winners will be notified within five (5) days following the winner selection. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Duplin Winery, anyone acting on behalf of Duplin Winery or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about The Art Label Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Photos and photocopies will not be returned. Finalists will be required to submit original artwork to winery for display and judging – and will be notified by Duplin staff. Names of participating artists and photos/photocopies may be displayed in the Tasting Room at Duplin Winery and/or on the winery website or social media pages. The winning original artworks will become the property of Duplin Winery. Duplin Winery will hold exclusive rights to reproduce the winning artworks in original or adapted form in promotional materials and merchandise without further compensation to the artist.
11. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue and cancel the Contest in the event that there are an insufficient number of eligible entries or that the quality of the designs submitted is insufficient to allow for the production of the designs.