Portabella & Brie Appetizer
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms (Portobello, crimini)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Naughty & Nice wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 (8-oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms, if needed, and chop finely.
- In a small skillet, combine chopped mushrooms, butter, wine, garlic, thyme, parsley, and cayenne. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in green onions and mustard.
- Unroll crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Press perforations firmly to seal. Cut each rectangle into 6 pieces (for a total of 24).
- Press 1 square of dough into each muffin cup, letting the corners stick up above the edges.
- Divide mushroom mixture evenly among cups, about 1 1/2 tsp per cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. While baking cut the brie into 24 pieces.
- Remove cups from oven and place 1 piece of brie over each cup.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 2-4 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is softened. Cool slightly before serving.
Write Your Own Review