Beef Carlos with NoodlesCompliments of Bill Lowenthal
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• 1 to 1 ¼ pounds lean stew beef
• ½ cup sliced carrots
• 1-2 cupsDuplin Carlos Wine
• 1 ½ cups chicken stock
• 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup sweet Bermuda onion, sliced
• 12 ounce egg noodles, uncooked
1. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. If desired, cut stew beef into smaller pieces; dredge in the seasoned flour, coating all sides thoroughly.
2. Melt butter and oil in a Dutch oven; add half of the meat. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until meat is browned. Repeat with remaining meat.
3. Return all meat to Dutch oven; add carrots and 1 cup of Duplin’s Carlos wine, along with the chicken stock. In a skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil; place in Dutch oven. Add remaining Carlos wine to the skillet and reduce heat while scraping up browned bits and add to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about one hour, or until meat is tender. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well. To serve, arrange meat mixture over noodles on a large platter.