Crab Salad on Plantain Chips
• ¼ lb. Crabmeat, shredded
• 2 Tbsp. Green pepper, minced
• 2 Tbsp. Red onion, minced
• 3 Tbsp. Duplin Muscadine Pineapple & Habanero Dip
• 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Oil for deep frying
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, green pepper, red onion, Duplin Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip, mayonnaise, salt & pepper.
2. Place in refrigerator to chill.
3. Peel plantain and then slice into 1/8 inch thick slices.
4. Deep fry plantain slices in 375 degrees F oil for about 2-3 minutes until crispy.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. Season fried plantains with salt & pepper.
7. Spoon a small amount of crab salad on top of each fried plantain chip and serve.
*Yields 40 appetizers.