Duplin’s Mediterranean Chicken
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp Duplin Pink Magnolia wine
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup diced onion
• 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
• 1 cup Duplin Pink Magnolia wine
• 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
• ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• cooked linguine
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil and 3 tablespoons of Pink Magnolia wine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté about 4 to 6 minutes each side, until golden. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Saute garlic in pan drippings for 30 seconds, then add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add 1 cup of Pink Magnolia wine and simmer for 10 minutes. Add thyme and Italian seasonings and simmer for 5 more minutes.
3. Return chicken and add mushrooms to skillet and cover. Cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add parsley to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sprinkled mozzarella cheese over hot linguine.