Better than Marsala Burgundy Chicken
• 2T. Olive Oil
• 3-6Oz. boxes of sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1-white onion chopped
• ½ C. butter
• 1/3 C. all purpose flour
• 1 box of chicken stock
• 1C. of Duplin Winery Burgundy wine
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts- cut in half to make thinner
• 1 box of bowtie pasta
• Black pepper
• Cayenne pepper
• Garlic powder
- Cook and caramelize onions and mushrooms in 1 T. olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts in 1 T. olive oil sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and either black or cayenne pepper depending on your preference until browned and fully cooked (cayenne is for some heat).
- Boil bowtie pasta in large pot according to directions and desired firmness.
- In medium size stock pan melt butter until frothy.
- Slowly add flour and whisk while doing so. Rue should be wheat colored.
- Add chicken stock while whisking 3 oz. at a time until the consistency of thick caramel and bring to boil.
- Add Burgundy slowly while continuing to whisk. Consistency should be gravy like. You can add more chicken stock or wine to desired consistency and taste.
- Add mushroom mixture to sauce.
- Add more garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken breast over bowtie pasta and top with sauce.
Yum!! Enjoy with none other then a glass of Burgundy!