• ½ lb. mozzarella cheese, fresh
• 1 jar Duplin Winery Muscadine Red Pepper & Onion Relish
• 8 slices fresh baked bread
• 1 bunch basil leaves, fresh salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice mozzarella into about 1/8 inch slices.
2. Spread Muscadine Red Pepper & Onion Relish on 4 slices of bread. Place a few leaves of fresh basil on top of the relish. Place slices of mozzarella evenly on top of each slice of relished bread. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Top with the remaining slices of bread to form sandwich. Place panini sandwiches in panini grill or grill pan. Cook until bread is lightly browned and crisped.
If using a stovetop grill pan, place a weight on top of the sandwich to press Panini. The weight could be a heavy pan, foil wrapped brick or purchased weight.