Muscadine Glazed Carrots
• 2 pounds carrots
• 3 tbsp butter, melted
• 1/3 cup Duplin Christmas Wine Jelly
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 teaspoons Christmas Eve wine
• 1 tsp orange zest
• 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Add carrots to a pot of lightly salted water, and bring to a low boil. Simmer until carrots are tender. Drain.
2. Put melted butter in a bowl, and stir in Christmas Wine Jelly. Stir in nutmeg, salt, orange zest, Christmas Eve wine, and lemon juice. Add carrots, and stir well to coat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Makes 8 servings.