Muscadine Lemon Butter Chicken
Lemon Butter Sauce:
• 1/4 cup Easy Wine
• 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 5 tbsp heavy cream
• 1 cup butter, chilled
• salt and pepper to taste
Chicken and Pasta:
• 1/2 pound dry bow tie pasta
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 ounces bacon
• 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
• 6 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and halved
• 2 tsp capers, drained
• Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. To make the sauce, pour the Easy Wine and lemon juice into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook at a low boil until the liquid is reduced by 1/3.
2. Stir in cream, and simmer until it thickens. Gradually add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time to the sauce, stirring until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
4. To make the chicken, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat chicken with flour mixture. Without crowding, carefully place chicken in hot oil. (If necessary, cook in batches.) Fry until cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
5. Remove the chicken and set atop paper towels. Stir the bacon, mushrooms, artichokes, and capers into the oil; cook until the mushrooms are soft.
6. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size strips, and return them to the skillet. Stir half of the lemon butter sauce into the chicken mixture.
7. To serve, place pasta in a large bowl. Stir the chicken mixture into the pasta. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Stir in additional lemon butter sauce as desired. Toss well, and garnish with parsley.