Peanut Muffins with Hidden Scuppernong Surprise
• 1 egg
• ½ cup whole milk
• ¼ cup butter, melted
• 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• dash of salt
• ¾ cup peanuts, chopped
• 12 tsp. Scuppernong Wine Jelly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Beat the egg. Stir in the milk and the melted butter.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Mix the egg mixture with the flour mixture – do NOT over mix.
4. Add half the chopped peanuts. Pour the batter into well greased muffin tins, filling each ½ way to the top. Drop 1 teaspoon of Scuppernong Wine Jelly into the center of each muffin. Spoon additional batter into each muffin tin, filling each 2/3 to the top. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped peanuts.
5. Bake about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.