Portabella & Brie Appetizers
• 6 ounces fresh mushrooms (Portobello, crimini)
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp Naughty & Nice wine
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1 dash cayenne pepper
• 1/4 cup sliced green onion
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 (8-oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
• 6 ounces brie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Clean mushrooms, if needed, and chop finely.
3. In a small skillet, combine chopped mushrooms, butter, wine, garlic, thyme, parsley, and cayenne. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in green onions and mustard.
4. Unroll crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Press perforations firmly to seal. Cut each rectangle into 6 pieces (for a total of 24).
5. Press 1 square of dough into each muffin cup, letting the corners stick up above the edges.
6. Divide mushroom mixture evenly among cups, about 1 1/2 tsp per cup.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. While baking, cut brie into 24 pieces.
8. Remove cups from oven and place 1 piece of brie over each cup.
9. Return to oven and bake an additional 2-4 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is softened. Cool slightly before serving.