Roasted Red Pepper Omelet
• 12 large eggs
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup butter, unsalted
• ½ green bell pepper, cut into ½ inch dices
• ½ red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch dices
• 6 oz. ham, boiled in one piece, cut into ½ inch dices
• 4 scallions, white and green, roughly chopped
• ½ cup white cheese, grated, about 2 oz., such as Monterey Jack, optional
• Duplin Roasted Red Pepper & Onion Relish
1. In a small bowl, beat together 3 of the eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a small non-stick skillet, with tight-fitting lid, over medium heat. Add the peppers and cook, covered, without stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the ham and scallions and cook, stirring frequently, until hot, about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
3. Melt a nut-sized piece of the remaining butter in the skillet over medium heat. When the foam subsides, add ¼ of the pepper mixture. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, until just cooked, about 30 seconds.
4. Turn off the heat and, using the rubber spatula, smooth over the top of the omelet so that it evenly covers the inside of the skillet. If using the cheese, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons over the omelet. Let rest for 30 seconds until the omelet has set.
5. Using the rubber spatula, fold the omelet in half, and transfer to warmed plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 omelets in all. When ready to serve, pour Duplin Roasted Red Pepper & Onion Dip Relish over the top of the omelet as desired.