Sautéed Mushrooms with Lemon CreamCompliments of Bill Lowenthal
• ¼ cup unsalted butter
• 2 lbs button mushrooms, halved vertically
• ½ cup Duplin Carlos Wine
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 cup whipping cream
• chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Melt ¼ cup butter in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until brown and beginning to release juices (about 10 minutes).
2. Add ½ cup Carlos wine, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp nutmeg. Boil until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup cream and boil until sauce thickens and coats mushrooms, about 10 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushrooms to bowl. Garnish with parsley and serve.