You just got Carded
By entering our website, you are confirming that you are of legal drinking age.
Scuppernong Cranberry Apple Tarts
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries, washed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced small
- 1 cup Scuppernong wine
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pastry for double crust pie
- Whipped cream for serving
- Place first five ingredients into saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until berries pop and mixture thickens, approximately 30 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, roll out pastry very thin and cut into circles with 2-inch round cutter. Fit each circle into cup of mini muffin tin, pressing gently to form tart shell. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When sauce is thickened, remove from heat and fill tart shells with about 1 tablespoon filling per shell. Bake tarts about 40 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool and repeat steps until all crust and filling is used. (makes 48 tarts)
- Cool and serve at room temperature with whipped cream.
Life Is Sweeter With Duplin