Tasty Pork Chops and Scalloped Potato CasseroleCompliments of Bill Lowenthal
• Box of scalloped potatoes (follow box directions for milk, water, and butter)
• 2-4 Loin Pork Chops
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 ½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 2 ¼ cups Scuppernong Blush wine
• 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Marinate pork chops with two cups Scuppernong Blush wine for at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. In medium saucepan, heat the milk. Add the garlic, Dijon mustard, thyme, and boxed sauce mix.
4. In a 9×12 flameproof baking dish, layer potato slices, ½ of the sweet onions, and sauce. Sprinkle top with Italian parsley, sage, and pepper. Bake 25-30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, as the casserole is nearing completion in the oven, heat a skillet to medium high with olive oil. Add the chops and brown 2 minutes each side. Remove chops and set aside.
6. Add ¼ cup Scuppernong Blush wine to the skillet and simmer for one minute, scraping up browned bits. Drizzle on top of pork chops and serve alongside casserole.