Tenderloin Steaks with Muscadine Pepper Jelly Sauce
• 4 tenderloin steaks (about 1″)
• ¾ tsp garlic salt
• ¾ tsp chili powder
• ½ tsp coarse-ground black pepper
• ¼ tsp ground cumin
• ¼ tsp dried oregano leaves
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ cup beef stock
• ¼ cup Queen Anne’s Revenge or Duplin Burgundy wine
• 2 tbsp Muscadine Pepper Jelly
• Parsley Sprigs (garnish)
• Red & Green Chili Peppers (garnish)
1. Combine garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin, and oregano in a small bowl. Rub over both sides of steaks.
2. Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Carefully lay the steaks in the pan. Cook 6-8 minutes for rare to medium rare, turning once.
3. Transfer steaks to a serving platter and keep warm with a tin foil tent.
4. Without rinsing the pan, add stock, Queen Anne’s Revenge or Burgundy wine, and Muscadine Pepper Jelly to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon sauce over steaks. Garnish with parsley and chili peppers.