No one will care about the Super Bowl Halftime Show when you bring this guacamole to the table. A suprising additon of fresh pineapple and a crater full of pineapple habenero salsa make this the ultimate way to make guacamole dip. Pair it with icy-cold glasses of Duplin Cotton Candy Lime white wine on the rocks. Canned pineapple is a little too watery for this dip, but if you must use it, choose unsweetened pineapple bits, drain them well and gently squeeze out any extra liquid.
- 4 large or 7 small ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1½ cups finely diced fresh pineapple, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Duplin Gourmet Muscadine Pineapple Habenero Salsa for garnish
- Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl.
- Mash together avocados, lime juice, salt and cumin with a fork until well-mixed.
- Gently fold in the cilantro, jalapeno, red onion and pineapple until ingredients are just combined.
- Transfer guacamole to a large, wide, shallow serving bowl. Using a spoon, make a small, bowl-shaped indention in the center of the guacamole. Fill the hollow with Duplin Gourmet Muscadine Pineapple Habanero Salsa.
- Scatter a couple tablespoons of finely diced pineapple over the guacamole for garnish.
- Serve the guacamole immediately with tortilla chips, crudites or grilled chicken skewers.
- Pair the guacamole with Duplin Cotton Candy Lime white wine, served icy-cold on the rocks.
- Guacamole recipe makes about 15 servings.