- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, minced
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Duplin’s Christmas Eve or Bald Head Red wine
- 1 to 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine the basil, onion, breadcrumbs, Duplin’s Christmas Eve or Bald Head Red wine and garlic salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- Serve on buns.
* Yield: 8 servings
Write Your Own Review