- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 3 ounces blackberry Jell-O
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup Duplin’s Blackberry Wine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Duplin’s Blackberry Wine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 -1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (to thicken the glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan; sprinkle the nuts in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and gelatin.
- Add the eggs, oil, and 1 cup wine.
- At low speed, beat just until moistened.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes; scrape the bowl frequently.
- Pour in the Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Glaze: Bring the 1 c powdered sugar, 1/2 cup wine and butter to a boil; the glaze will be fairly thin.
- While the cake is still warm and in the Bundt pan, pour half of the glaze on the cake.
- Let the cake sit for 30 minutes to absorb the glaze.
- Turn the cake out of the pan and completely cool.
- Thicken the remaining half of the glaze with additional powdered sugar and pour over the cake.
Write Your Own Review